||Discovered in the 1820s, Aluminum is the most abundant metal on earth.
- Recycling Aluminum began in the early 1900s.
- Aluminum is 100% recyclable, and can be recycled over and over again.
- Over two-thirds of all the Aluminum ever produced is still in use today.
- Alumimun is both durable and sustainable.
- Recycling Aluminum takes 95% less energy than producing new Aluminum.
- Typical Aluminum profiles contain nearly 50% recycled Aluminum, and save nearly 40% of the greenhouse gases used to produce 100% new Aluminum.
- The Aluminum industry has supported greenhouse gas reductions in their processes since the 1980s.
- Recycling 1 lb. of Aluminum saves nearly the same amount of energy as is in 1 gallon of gasoline.